Services & Rates
Pawsitively Great Dog Walking & Pet Sitting LLC offers a wide array of services as described below. With our services, we want our clients to feel comfortable that their pets are being well cared for when they are being walked or watched by Pawsitively Great personnel.
Meet and Greet
One of the first steps to signing up for services is the initial consultation with one of our company owners and your dog walker or pet sitter. This meeting in your home is important to ensure that your pets receive the best possible care. The primary goal is to make sure that the humans and pets are a good fit. This is the client’s opportunity to see how the person they are entrusting with pet care interacts with them. We will also obtain some important information from you about the home and pet routines. During this time, the client profile, pet profile, and our policies will be reviewed. If you decide to obtain our services, we will ask that you fill out these profiles completely prior to any service being provided. The meet and greet is complimentary. If a second meeting is requested, a $20 fee will be charged.
Daily Dog Walking Visits
Sign up for one to five walks per week for either 30 minutes or one hour (excluding major holidays). Every walk is guaranteed to be of the length you contract for. In other words, we don’t count any time we spend entering/exiting and interacting with your dog that isn’t actual walking time.
|30 minute walk
|$25 (+ $5 for add'l family dogs, 3 dog max)
|1 hour walk
|$35 (+ $5 for add'l family dogs, 3 dog max)
Major observed holidays are: New Year's Day, MLK Holiday, President's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Juneteenth Holiday, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Daily Potty Breaks and/or Pet Visits
Maybe you have an older dog that doesn’t require a walk, but still needs daily company or just a potty break. Or, perhaps you have one or more cats that need daily feeding and a clean litter box while you are out of town for a few days.
|15 minute pet visit/potty break
|$20 per visit (up to 3 pets included)
|30 minute pet visit/potty break/play session
|$25 per visit (up to 3 pet included)
Depending on travel time & distance, quoted rates may be higher. There will be an additional $10 charge for service provided on a major holiday (if available) if service is not part of a minimum 4-day assignment. Major holidays are: New Year's Day, MLK Holiday, President's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Juneteenth Holiday, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Overnight Pet Sitting
This is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Popular holidays will book very early and because we are a family-owned, family-run company, we cannot guarantee availability.
|Overnight pet sitting
|$90 (12+ overnight hours, plus one 30-minute walk and at least one additional potty break during the day - includes feedings, plant watering, mail and paper collection)
|There is an additional $10 fee for pet sitting on a major holiday if service is not part of a minimum 4-night assignment. Major holidays are: New Year's Day, MLK Holiday, President's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Juneteenth Holiday, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Vacation pet sitting/house sitting hours less than, or more than what is described above will be quoted separately depending on availability and exact nature of the assignment.
Cancellation and Payment Policies
Pawsitively Great Dog Walking & Pet Sitting is primarily a reservation in advance service. We depend on regularly scheduled services. We do not seek to provide on-demand service that is infrequent and/or unpredictable in nature. As such:
- As a regular customer, you will be allocated a certain number of cancellations, penalty free, depending on your scheduled service frequency. Unused cancellation days can be “banked” for future use, up to a maximum of one year worth of penalty-free cancellation days, as described below. Beyond that, additional cancellations will be charged 100% of the usual fee. (Please understand that we turn away other clients because we reserve time for you. Cooperation adhering to our cancellation policy is appreciated.) Known vacations, with at least one week’s advance notice, are not considered cancellations.
- If your service is scheduled for five days per week, you receive 5 penalty-free cancellation days per quarter (20 cancellation days over the course of a year)
- For service of four days per week, you receive 4 penalty-free cancellation days per quarter (or 16 cancellation days over the course of a year)
- At three days per week, you receive 3 penalty-free cancellation days per quarter (12 days over the course of a year)
- At two days per week, you receive 2 penalty-free cancellation days per quarter (8 days over the course of the year)
- At one day per week of service, you receive 1 penalty-free cancellation day per quarter (4 days over the course of the year)
- Services are billed at the end of each month and payment is expected within 10 days or a late charge of $20 will be applied.
- Payment can be made through our website, which accepts a number of payment methods.
- In the event of a returned check, a $30 charge will be added to the regular invoice and prompt payment is expected via an alternate method.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party for marketing or promotional reasons. We collect your name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, and home/pet information for the sole purpose of providing quality pet care services for you. This information is maintained in a secure online system. House keys in our possession are coded so that the only connection between the coded keys and you is contained within the secure system.
We do not accept garage door openers or garage access codes as the primary form of access to your home. If there is a power outage, or dead batteries in your openers, we will not be able to enter the home. Hidden keys are also not an acceptable primary form of access.
All doors to the home will be locked when the dog walker or pet sitter leaves the home.
For the safety of your pets and home, no other person should be permitted in the home during the service period (exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
For your dog’s security, we will not allow any dogs to be outside (even in a fenced-in kennel or dog run) when we arrive to provide service, and we will not leave them outside when we depart. We can service dogs left inside the house or in a secure, locked garage with no external dog door.
For pet sitting jobs, inside/outside cats must be kept inside during the pet sitting service period.
Pawsitively Great Dog Walking & Pet Sitting is a fully-insured pet care provider through Kennel Pro, the largest writer of insurance programs for the dog/pet industry.